The Northern Netherlands is a European Water Technology hub because:
- Region is dedicated to water technology and innovation supported by central Government, Provinces, municipalities, knowledge institutes and companies.
- Presence of Top Technology Institute Wetsus, collaboration with 17 European universities on water technology.
- Availability of highly skilled workers.
- Availability of office facilities, shared lab-, test- and demo facilities.
- Availability of large network, subsidies, collaboration opportunities and easy access to the European market.
WETSUS, Centre of Excellance for sustainable water technology, Van Hall Institute, NHL, and Technology Centre Northern Netherlands.