- The Northern Netherlands comprises the three northern provinces of Groningen, Drenthe en Friesland.
- In the globalized world of today the Northern Netherlands is situated right in the center of the North Western European economy.
- Over 200 international companies are already established in the Northern Netherlands
- Over 45 business and industrial locations
- With one-tenth of the population of the Netherlands covering over one-fifth of the country’s territory, the Northern Netherlands is the least congested area of the country.
- Traffic jams are rare and there is ample space to work, live and recreate.
- Strong sectors are Energy, Water, AgriFood, Chemical, Life Sciences and Data Centers
Area: 11,389 km2 (27,8% of the Netherlands)
Working population: 692,000 Companies established: 101,300